Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Delicate(ly scented) Situation

Soap. One wonders when giving such a lovely gift became such a minefield of potential offence. Personally, I don't purchase many exquisite soaps for my house: I have two small people and a mechanic living there, so such a frivolity is bound to go overused and underappreciated. However, I do occasionally love to have a special soap, and I think they make a gorgeous gift. The only problem is that soap tends to toe the line between "Oh, how thoughtful of you" and "Do you think I smell?". The gift of perfume seems to have emerged from this odious stigma, but soap can still be a tricky one. I care not; and neither will you when you see what arrived in store last week...



These are absolutely divine soaps by The Morris Design Group. Founded by a husband and wife team, this company make all sorts of superb home and personal products (many of which, we stock), including these perfect little fragranced soaps. The fragrances available in-store now are Calendula Flower, Gingerlily and Nutmeg, Basil and Grapefruit (my fave), and Lemongrass and Ginseng. The soaps are 150g size, and all Morris Design Group products are proudly made in Australia.


We don't have these soaps in our online shop as yet, but I can assure you that they are very reasonably priced: ideal for a little self-indulgence, or as a beautiful gift. As I always have the festive season in mind, I would highly recommend these to parents who are looking for that end-of-year thank you present for their child's teacher. I did a gorgeous soap wrapped in a linen teatowel (in the style of a bonbon) last year. Beats yet another coffee mug, that's for sure!